mardi, septembre 09, 2008

13éme Nationale féminin de Pétanque Suite

"La preuve que Dieu est ami des joueurs de boules, c'est que les feuilles des platanes sont proportionnées à la force du soleil." Marcel Pagnol.
"The proof that God is a friend of the players balls is that the leaves of trees are proportionate to the strength of the sun." Marcel Pagnol.

Suite des photo du 13ème concours National de pétanque féminin « doublettes » d'Evry.
More photo contest of the 13th National petanque Women 'pairs' of Evry.


Fernandel La partie de boules


29 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

I think the ladies have better form for this game than the gents. At least it looks that way to me, Olivier.

Bob Crowe a dit…

This is fascinating. The game requires such concentration and precision. As always, your group of photos tells a detailed story. We don't see this much in the US except for a few Italian restaurants that have bocci courts.

Becky a dit…

I love the action in these photos. Great shots!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope to have better photos once I get back from vacation, so I hope you will visit again.

Bon sois!

photowannabe a dit…

Great action pictures Olivier. The women seem to have such perfect form.
Its always a treat to see what you are going to post.

magiceye a dit…

another set of wonderful action pics!

angela a dit…

My favourite is the photo on the bottom left. Love the way the women are positioned.
Maybe if I concentrated like this I'd play better

Alain a dit…

Sérieuses et concentrées, cela ne rigole pas !

Bergson a dit…

Il y a pas trop de platane sur votre terrain.

Je trouve les femmes plus belles que les hommes en général et surtout à la pétanque car elles n'ont pas besoin de mettre de Bob ringards même en plein soleil

Tash a dit…

What excellent expressions & concentration you've captured. And the ladies are so lovely.

USelaine a dit…

One of the Mendocino county wineries has extensive Bocce courts at its tasting room. I have seen it played there, but haven't tried it. These women seem very serious about the game.

hpy a dit…

Où sont passés les maris avec leurs bières?

Chez Madeleine a dit…

Je persiste, rien ne saurez les distraire du jeu... Le seul homme que j'ai pu voir leur tourne le dos... ! ! ! ! Le goujat.
J'espère qu'une bonne mominette bien fraiche les attendait à la fin du jeu...

Jilly a dit…

Wonderful photographs, Olivier. I love the two women talking in the last photograph and I particularly love the bottom pic (left) - where they pass each other. So much said in that photograph.

I can't imagine Boules for women in the south - such a macho society but perhaps it will happen one day!

Jane Hards Photography a dit…

Brilliant action shots. The concentration on their faces is perfectly captured.

Seb! a dit…

Pagnol en connaissait un rayon en matière de pétanque mais savait-il que les femmes étaient si terribles aux boules ;-)

Jim Klenke a dit…

They are all so serious.

Gudl a dit…

That is an interesting sport.
So french!! Looks like the perfect day for it.

Halcyon a dit…

Elles sont si serieuse. Bonne chance a toutes !

Anonyme a dit…

I like your photos. I think that you expressed movement.
In Spain, only retirees play petanque. While the rest usually play on the beach. I propose for the upcoming Olympics that petanque will be an Olympic sport.
Greetings from Murcia.

Neva a dit…

These are great photos....Such intense faces! They must be very competitive!

Unknown a dit…

Bonjour Olivier,
Laquelle d'entre elles a gagné?
J'aime beaucoup la premiere photo de la joueuse tres concentrée. Sa position me fait penser à des exercices de Tai Chi.

Lori a dit…

It looks like petanque is very good exercise for the arms and legs. I'd like to give it a try. You must have to concentrate to do it well. These are great shots of the players!

Anonyme a dit…

Jilly
Helas,you're right. Very difficult
for a woman to try playig Boules in
the South: every year,in june,I put my boules in my car; in october
I put them out without playing.
Men are macho and women aren't interested to play.
Very frustating!

Hilda a dit…

I find that flat palm ball release so fascinating. I have never ever seen this game played. Doesn't exist here in the Philippines.

Je trouve que les plats de palme balle libération si fascinant. Je n'ai jamais vu ce match. N'existe pas ici aux Philippines.

PeterParis a dit…

Les platanes manquent un peu, mais ces photos donnent envie de s’y remettre à la pétanque. Comme déjà dit, les équipes de boulistes dans le quartier on pourtant l’air moins attirantes.

• Eliane • a dit…

La première photo est fantastique: la pose, la concentration, excellent! Que les joueurs de boules de Bryant Park en prennent de la graine!

Rob a dit…

My favorite game! Boules, or Ias you say Petanque. I am sorry, but we do not have official court here. We play on the lawn, make do with what we have. I enjoy this game and your photos very much!

Ming the Merciless a dit…

I have seen old Italian men playing this game in NYC. It's quite an interesting game.

Sally a dit…

These are fabulous, Olivier. The arena for the tournament is beautiful as well - very different to the dusty square in most villages (which have their charme of course!)